Join us for an unforgettable Yoga retreat in beautiful Nepal. We'll spend 8 days exploring the depths of the Ashtanga Yoga practice with KPJAYI authorized teacher Irena Bartolec who offers 15 years of work and teaching experience to guide us through our inner journey. We will practice traditional Ashtanga Yoga asana daily, and participate in guided Buddhist meditations to deepen and enhance our time on the mat.
We will visit a Buddhist monastery and enjoy lectures on Buddhist teachings from the accomplished Ellen Johannesen, educating us further on the dynamic systems that we will be practicing.
We will hike through the stunning landscapes of the lower Himalayas, reconnecting to the raw power of nature, and exploring the local outdoor mysticism that is prevalent in this incredibly dramatic and storied country.
This combination of intensive practice-time on the mat and in the meditation seat provides us a unique immersion into the traditional teachings of Yoga and Buddhism. All within the land and culture that helped to write the biography of the Yoga we know today. This is a beautiful, rare, and transformative opportunity to build and expand one’s practice.
- Daily Ashtanga Yoga classes with Level 1 Authorized KPJAYI teacher Irena Bartolec
- Daily asana, meditation and philosophy workshops & lectures
- Introduction to Buddhist principles
- Hikes to beautiful landscapes and a visit to a Buddhist monastery
- Visits to Kathmandu’s most spectacular, UNESCO protected heritage sites including Bouddhanath and Patan Durbar Square